Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cross Training in the Southwest

We arrived in Phoenix to 80 degree weather, with more of the same to follow! How nice it feels to be in shorts, although the pasty white legs are quite the sight! This will be a week of cross training, seven mile run Friday followed by 1 1/2 hours on the Phat cruiser bike, in-line skate and laps in the pool yesterday, and we'll be heading to McDowell Mt. shortly for a 15 mile run on the Pemberton Trail.
Yesterday we took in the Tempe Arts Festival, my wife said I need a little culture. After an hour in the hot sun I found the opportune spot to feign a touch of heatstroke, "Hooter's Library". We went in to cool off, after one look around I was looking for Tolstoy's "War and Peace", I always wanted to read that book! After sipping and supping and much neck craning (Dr. Tim will have his worked cut out for him when I get home!) it was back outside for more culture.
Been playing telephone tag with Topher, one of the "BrothersChase", trying to get in a ride with those guys this week. Topher is doing a three day stage race this weekend, so hopefully I'll hook-up with him early this week while he's still a little bit tired.
That's all from the sunny Southwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment